Having to cycle 54 or 33 or 15 miles is not the hardest part of the event. The task of finding sponsors and later collecting sponsorship money is the hard bit; but this is also the most important part. Do ask your colleagues at work and your friends, as well as your employers, and other firms and pubs in your area, to sponsor you. Offer to wear some form of identification pinned to your T-Shirt to advertise the identity of your commercial sponsors. Tell your sponsors how far you will ride, so that they understand the extent of their commitment, and ensure that they complete names, addresses, the gift aid box, and the amount per mile they will donate on your sponsorship form. If you fill the sponsorship table please print an extra page from the Sponsorship PDF document.
Justgiving is the easy and efficient way to donate and raise money for charity.
Click the button to link to the Bracknell Rotary Club justgiving pages:
Use justgiving as an alternative for the payment of donations / sponsorship monies etc. Just click on the button above and follow the simple instructions to set up a web page with your details for this cycling event. Then e-mail your justgiving web page link to any potential sponsors referring them to your link for their donations / sponsorship etc. They can then sponsor you online using your justgiving web page, saving you the trouble of collecting money and then sending it to us.
Conditions of Entry
- We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone on the day of the event.
- Participants ride entirely at their own risk. The Organisers cannot be held responsible for any injury or damage.
- Unroadworthy cycles will NOT be allowed to take part.
- Participants must comply with any instructions given by the police, or the course marshals. Failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- Under 16 year old riders must be riding with someone who is 16 or older and have parent / guardian consent.
- All monies raised by the participants must be passed in its entirety to the Three Counties Cycle Ride.
We strongly recommend you wear a cycle helmet.
Last online entries must be sent no later than Friday 2nd of June 2017.
Late entries received by post in the week starting the 29th of May will be processed, however, rider number and start times will be supplied at check in.
Entry on the day is still possible however for age 16 and over riders; the entry fee will be £25 and £9 for those under 16.
The following buttons provide details about the Three Counties Cycle Ride and a downloadable sponsorship form in pdf format. If you do not have a PDF reader you can get a free download from here.
Once the PDF opens you can print the document or download it to your PC and print it later.
Click these buttons for a route map.
Please note that all routes are subject
to minor changes.
On the day
We are delighted to announce that the start and finish of the Three Counties Cycle Ride 2017 will be inside the grounds of Garth Hill College by kind permission of the Headteacher, Governors and Site Controller.
Cars can be parked in the Garth Hill College car park. In the event of the College car park being full then you can park in any of the town’s car parks including Albert Road Car Park, which is nearest to the College, but please remember to pay the fee to avoid a penalty.
The first riders will depart at around 08.00. The latest starting time possible is 09.30. The routes will be fully sign posted, and there will be marshals at all important junctions. Along the routes there are checkpoints where you can obtain refreshments – and have a rest if you wish. If you experience any problems with your cycle, or you become unwell or hurt, the route will be patrolled by stewards with mobile telephone communications. There are also communication links at our checkpoints. We will endeavour to provide appropriate assistance where practical.
Check in procedure
Arrive at least 30 minutes before your start time, ready to check in 15 minutes before you are due to set off from Garth Hill College. Follow the signs to the check-in point. Here you will be given your Bike Ride Number.
Please collect your 3ccr T-Shirt near the enrolment area and we hope you will wear it on the ride to identify you as one of our riders. Please note you are NOT entitled to a T-shirt if you have enrolled after the 21st May.
At the finish
At the finish in Garth Hill College, go to the check-in area where you will be given your medal, a drink and a certificate that shows you have completed the course. If you have any queries regarding the payment of your Sponsorship money into the Three Counties Cycle Ride account please ask any of the organisers for information.
After the Event
Unless you have used justgiving, you will need to collect the money which has been promised from everyone who has sponsored you. When you have collected all the money you have two options:
- Send, to the following address: Three Counties Cycle Ride, 7, Meadow Road, Woklingham, RG41 2TE, a cheque made payable to Three Counties Cycle Ride and include your Sponsorship Form.
- Alternatively pay the money in to your own bank, or any HSBC bank, using the Bank sort code and account number: 40-18-46, 41423177 and post your Sponsorship form to the address above.
Please keep an eye on the Photos page for pictures of the event and announcements for the the next event.
If you have any feedback about the event we would greatly appreciate your comments - please use the Contact Us form.
- Make sure that your bike is roadworthy - check the tyres and brakes. If you are not sure how to do this take your cycle to a local bike shop. A Bracknell shop is Halfords (postcode RG12 1EN). John Hammond of Meadvale Bays Cycles can also be contacted on 07818 400440 or 07766 813256.
- Practice as much as possible during the weeks before the ride - it will make the ride much more enjoyable if your muscles are tuned-up for cycling.
- Get a good night's sleep before the ride, and have a good breakfast on the day of the event.
- Bring some food to nibble; chocolate and fruit are a good idea. Note: drinks will be available at the checkpoints.
- Ride at a leisurely pace. Enjoy the countryside, remember THIS IS NOT A RACE.
- Wear clothing - or reflective material - that will make you visible to motorists.
- Carry some cash with you, in case your bike breaks down. Our recovery vehicles will carry out repairs, but there will be a charge for parts.
- In the event of an emergency our recovery vehicle can bring you and your bike back to the start point.
On the road
- Follow the Highway Code. Keep to the left, and beware of oncoming traffic.
- Ride sensibly; ride in single file as much as possible.
- ALWAYS OBEY INSTRUCTIONS FROM POLICE AND MARSHALS